Hello, there! Things have been busy over here at NuggFIT and I'm pleased to now offer a set schedule of VIRTUAL online Turbo Kick classes. If you have WiFi, you can join us from anywhere and get your Kick on! Check out my schedule page for more details, including how to sign up!
I have been using Isagenix products for a year now and I just ordered my first cannister of IsaLEAN PRO! As an athlete, I am really enjoying the effects so far! IsaLEAN PRO differs from IsaLEAN in that it contains 36 grams of undenatured, high quality, whey protein compared to 'Lean's 24. It's also low glycemic with the "good" fats, fiber, and energy fueling carbohydrates designed to help build lean muscle and break through weight loss plateaus. All this and only 270 calories! One shake in the morning powers me through my workout and my workday. I enjoyed an IsaLEAN bar for lunch, but to be honest, I wasn't entirely hungry. Want to know more about how this shake can help you achieve your health and fitness goals? Get at me!
Whoa! You would think I wouldn’t have to do a blog on this, but here we are. Nothing grinds my gears more than a person who is completely ignorant of how to act in public - particularly in the gym. Here’s a quick guide on how to not be “that” guy or girl...
1. RE-RACK YOUR WEIGHTS! I’m not kidding. If you take it, you best put it back on the rack! There is literally no excuse for not putting your weights back. By leaving your weights on the smith machine, the floor, or any other piece of equipment, you are assuming A LOT about the next person who comes along to use it. The next person may not be able to lift the weight that you used or have time to reset your carelessness in the middle of their workout. Don’t be ignorant - always re-rack your weights!
2. WIPE DOWN YOUR EQUIPMENT! Aw, man! I watched some super sweaty gym bro hop around the cardio machines this morning at my local gym and this dude did not wipe one darn machine off after he was finished. Talk about gross. I’ve worked out in gyms all over the country, and I have yet to come across one that did not have cleaning materials readily available and easily accessible. I almost handed the dude a wipey this morning while he was on the stairclimber post elliptical and treadmill as a casual reminder that it’s cool to not be gross. It’s totally unhygienic - be a decent human and wipe down all equipment when you are finished with it - benches, cardio, ALL OF IT!
3. THE GYM IS COMMUNAL SPACE, NOT YOUR PERSONAL PLAYGROUND! Fitfam, you cannot take up the whole gym with your own personal obstacle/American Ninja Warrior course. Especially at peak gym hours (early morning and after work), you need to be conscious of other people who are there with the same right to use the equipment and gym space as you. Do not ask people using a bench or a machine to move because it’s your favorite one and you can’t workout without it. Do not hoard weights unless you are switching between two sets, or are using them imminently, Do not hog machines if you are doing an expansive circuit. Conversely, do not take weights or a machine from someone who is using them WITHOUT ASKING them if they are finished. More on this next...
4. WORK IN WITH OTHERS BUT ALWAYS ASK! When the gym is crowded and everyone is trying to get it in, work in! But - always ask, and ALWAYS wipe it down for the other person!
5. DO NOT STARE! You look like a creeper when you stare at other people in the gym. Just don’t do it.
6. NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR MUSIC (OR SINGING/WHISTLING)! God invented earbuds for a reason. Feel free to plug in your buds or connect your AirPods, but for the love of all things fitness, do not assume anyone else wants to hear your music played through your crappy phone speakers. That also goes for singing, whistling, bird calling, super loud and prolonged grunts, and other ridiculously unnecessary and distracting noises.
7. DO NOT TAKE UP SPACE NOT WORKING OUT! Okay, so everyone rests between sets, but some people take this to the extreme and just sit on their phone for ten minutes at a time while other people are waiting to use things. Others carry on full on phone conversations (and weirdly - the ones I’ve always had the “privilege” of being privy to are usually super personal in nature). And still others sit on equipment they aren’t even using just because. Have awareness and use the gym to work out, not to break up with your girlfriend on the phone or call your doctor to discuss your super personal rash, or whatever...
Noticeably missing from this list? Taking selfies or videoing your workouts. Feel free to document the crap out of your progress. If it makes you feel good and you aren’t bothering anybody else, flex on ‘em.
Did I miss anything? Weigh in below!
The 12th Annual Paddle For A Cause: Yesterday, 6/8/19, I successfully completed the Dean Randazzo Paddle For A Cause! This was my second time doing it, and while I haven’t been on a board in almost a year (and last year it was for a hot second due to extreme pregnancy and postpartum recovery), I found it to be a bit easier and bit quicker this year! Next year, I will be going the longer distance! Thank you to everyone who supported me and donated to this worthy cause!
Core De Force: I have added a new group fitness certification to my resume! Look for it under my class schedule shortly!
July 5th Beach Plogging: This year, I am organizing an athletic beach cleanup on 7/5/19! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!
I am so excited to be adding a 30 minute TurboKICK LIVE! EXPRESS class to my repertoire! This class will be available exclusively online this summer and is designed to fit your busy lifestyle! It's everything you LOVE about my hour long TurbKICK LIVE! class in a short-but-sweaty package! Check back for the schedule, or check in with me on Facebook (@Nugg Fit) or Instagram (@NuggFIT) for class updates!
I am coming off a great weekend and am happy to share with you some new class offerings! I completed my 7th Half Marathon with a PR yesterday at the AmeriHealth April Fools Half Marathon running from Resorts Casino in Atlantic City through Ventnor, Margate, and Longport. I finished in 1:44 after a slow start, coming in 6th in my age group and 90th out of 1111 runners. I'll take it! Also, it's almost May and that means I am starting to book up my summer classes and training times! This summer, in addition to more TurboKICK classes in more locations, I am adding two Sunrise Bootcamp classes and opening additional spots for private and semi-private training. Please check the TRAINING and SCHEDULE pages for more info!
I am so happy to announce that NuggFIT is now in partnership with Orange Cryo Wellness of Margate! My clients are now eligible to receive Whole Body, Local, and Cryo Facial Treatments at a discounted membership rate! Please head on over to my new CRYOTHERAPY page (under TRAINING!) for more details! I am really excited to share something that has helped me recover from both my C Section and my workouts with all of you!
Time feels like it has escalated into hyperdrive these days! With the changing of the clocks, the slight warming up of the weather, and the extended daylight lasting well past 6:30pm, I am looking forward to summer time! These warm thoughts have me pushing extra hard this week! Are you looking to start a fitness routine? Here is my personal invitation to you to come check out my class this Thursday at 5:30pm at Matrxx Fitness at The Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City. Right now, you can come check out a class, stay for 14 days with no commitment for just $1.00! Don't forget - Open House this Saturday, March 16th! Come work out for free and take a class!
A new month is (almost) upon us! SO much is going on over here at NuggFIT this coming month! My TurboKICK LIVE! classes are starting up at Matrxx Fitness (check my schedule under Training for more details), I am running my first distance race of the season (The St. Pat's Boardwalk 10 Miler!), and I'm running an online training and nutrition group focusing on - you guessed it - Booties! What better way to start gearing up for summer than by perfecting the peach! There's still time to get it on the fun! Contact me for details!
Things are chug-chug-chugging along over here at NuggFIT! I am so pleased with the response to my fitness trifecta thus far! However, one of the biggest challenges some of my potential clients are facing isn't with desire or motivation or wanting to change their lives for the better - it is with the financial commitment. Trust me. I feel this. In so many ways. As a new mom (on a budget), I am hyper aware of the cost of EVERYTHING. If you read my story on the NUTRITION PAGE on this site, then you will know that I am a full time educator and that cost was a major factor when deciding on whether or not to pursue Isagenix...or another nutrition program, diet, or lifestyle. Lots of people (non-educators) like to point out how teachers "get summers off" - Not quite. I get two months of being unemployed without the benefit of unemployment insurance, and - in New Jersey - I do not have the option of spreading my pay year round. Also, I should mention, I am not the best at budgeting. Knowing I wouldn't be able to work last summer due to my son being born and knowing that I'd have to stretch every dollar to get me through until my maternity leave pay (60 percent of my regular pay) began (not until the 15th of September, mind you, when school was back in session), I really needed to be sure that whatever option I chose to feed myself (and my son) was going to be cost-effective. While upfront, it seemed like a lot - it ultimately came down to just $2.83 per meal. Two dollars and eighty-three cents. I didn't have to prep. I didn't have to plan. I didn't have to think. It was there and it was easy. The convenience and THE COST (I know!) are the two main things that actually keep me ordering...of course, the fact that this program is EFFECTIVE is also WAY UP THERE! Because I KNOW that I have prospective clients - maybe even you reading this right now, with financial concerns or limitations that are keeping them from reaching out - I have cultivated 13(!!!) different - SUPER AFFORDABLE - mini-packs designed to kick start your goals! Thirteen different packs designed to FIT YOU! FIT your life. FIT your goals. FIT your wallet. I am so confident that you will LOVE this program, and that you will see the cost effective benefits of the 30 day system, that you will continue using them - well beyond any one of these mini-packs. Remember, you can only get out of anything in life what you put into it. There’s no guess work. No excuses. It’s time to invest in yourself and your health. Reach out to me. Tell me your goals and concerns and I will work to build you a package that FITS YOU.